Welcome to your Source for Odd and Usual but Practical Information!

Sadly, Amazon closed our Associate's Account...

You'll see Amazon links to products on this blog which the FTC tells every blogger to state that we will earn a fee when a sale is made (like "duh") and then Amazon cuts you off so a blogger has all these links which benefit Amazon and not the blogger who placed them there.

I got this WARNING when trying to create more Amazon ads and links to post on my blog:

The e-mail/mobile number you are using is not connected to an Associates account. If the account was previously connected, please check your email inbox as the account may have been closed. Contact us with any questions.

Then I went to my email to search and found this:

Hello,
We are writing to notify you that your Associates Program application has been rejected and you will no longer have access to Associates Central.

This action was taken because we have not yet received qualified sales activities from your account. As a reminder, Accounts that have not referred three qualified sales within in 180-days of sign-up are automatically rejected.

You are free to reapply to the Associates Program at any time, but we recommend only doing so if your website receives consistent traffic. You can access the application here:
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/network/main.html

We wish you the best of luck with your website in the future.

Here is my "rant" I placed on Facebook, hoping Amazon sees it. I know that they are "set" in their ways and have their "policy" but this is what I (and I'm sure others) think of their policy. A change could only benefit the blogger and Amazon:

Amazon, I hope that you are reading social media and will reconsider your policy. Amazon closes an Associate's Account because they are not getting enough business. But why? It doesn't cost Amazon a cent to keep it open and as anyone knows, it takes time for any business to start making sales; even an online business or blog. The worse part is that the blog(s) still contain Amazon links which make Amazon money as the blog grows but the Associate receives nothing. Amazon states that Associates should have a "following" before becoming an associate and I say that Amazon should consider more than 3 months for sales to happen; perhaps 12 months? What are your thoughts, anyone?

So, you'll continue to see Amazon ads in my blog posts and as the blog grows and more people see them and click them to visit and make a purchase, Amazon benefits. I truly love Amazon but I wish it would go both ways. Of course, my intent is to grow my audience (so please everyone, use the social media buttons below) so Amazon please allow more time for associates to get you and your advertisers sales; especially when it does not "hurt" Amazon in any shape or form to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment